Directions to Ischia
Getting to Ischia is simple.
The island is well connected all-year-round with frequent hydrofoil and ferry connections which depart from the main ports of Naples and Pozzuoli.
The four main ports in the Gulf of Naples with hydrofoil/ferry connections for Ischia are:
- Napoli Calata Porta di Massa: passenger/car ferries with connections until late evening.
- Pozzuoli: passenger/car ferries
- Napoli Molo Beverello: passenger only hydrofoils.
- Napoli Mergellina: passenger only hydrofoils.
Naples Capodichino airport is situated at just a 20 – 30 minute taxi /bus journey to the ports Porto di Napoli Calata Porta di Massa, Molo Beverello and Mergellina.
A frequent shuttle service “Bus Cittadino” runs frequently to Molo Beverello.
Air Travel with us
All the ports of Naples are easily accessible from various train stations in Naples.
- Stazione Napoli Centrale: taxis, buses and trams all run from outside the station to all the ports.
- Stazione Napoli Mergellina: The port of Mergellina is just 200m from the station.
- Napoli Campi Flegrei: the nearest station to the port of Pozzuoli. Taxis, buses and trams also run to all ports.
Train travel with us
- Ischia by car
Motorway A1 North (Roma - Napoli), A16 East (Bari - Napoli), or A30 South (Salerno - Napoli).
To avoid the heavy traffic of Naples, we advise you take a car ferry from Pozzuoli port; take the bypass (tangenziale) and follow signs for Pozzuoli and take Exit 12 (Via Campana) and follow directions to the port.
From Naples, ferries depart from Calata Porto di Massa.
As there are a number of private car parks close to the ports, it is possible to leave you car at the port of embarkation.
At OnIschia.com you can book your stay inclusive of hotel and transfer.
For further information go to our “all-inclusive” services section.
Recommended on Ischia:
- How to get here
- Living Ischia
- Art & Culture